Travel Soccer is a more significant commitment by players and families than In House Rec Soccer. The level of play is more competitive and there is more emphasis on winning games. Playing time will be based on players’ skill levels and their ability to support the team in its effort to be competitive in their games and league.
The season is approximately 45 days longer and there are more practices per week. The financial commitments and requirements are also higher (see Team Fees described below). There is also a required level of travel in and around the Baltimore Metropolitan area on a weekly basis to games. Many teams will also participate in some out of town weekend tournaments (e.g. Gettysburg, PA, Hershey, PA, Southern NJ etc.). Many Travel teams hire trainers to provide a higher level of soccer specific coaching above and beyond what the parent coach can provide. The skills acquired by the players are typically better than what is taught in Rec Soccer.
In order to try out for Travel Soccer, you must register in advance of tryouts, no exceptions.
- Registration for tryouts is free.
- If you are not pre-registered you will not be able to participate in the tryout.
- Registering ahead of time limits a lot of issues e.g. miscommunication, missing tryouts, long lines at tryout check in, additional paperwork, roster mistakes, etc.
Registration will open April 1st and will close in early May. Register via CMRC Soccer registration for the appropriate Phoenix Football Club team. You must register 48 hours prior to the age group’s first scheduled tryout date to be on the tryout list. Tryout dates will be posted before registration opens annually.
If you are not offered a spot on a Travel Team:
- You can register for the age appropriate CMRC “In House” Rec league.
If a Travel Team cannot be, or is not formed for any reason for your birth year:
- You can register for the age appropriate CMRC “In House” Rec league, or
- If a team is available, you may have the option to “play up” one birth year at the discretion of that team’s coach. There will need to be a roster spot available and the player will need to be deemed capable of competing on that team.
Additional fees beyond registration are required for Travel Soccer. Fees can range from ~$200 -~$500 depending on the individual team. These fees include but are not limited to: trainers, travel league fees, referees, tournament registrations, team equipment, etc. These fees must be paid in full and are equally shared by all team members.
- No club dues or fundraising
- Director of coaching who trains our coaches and helps design practice plans and training formats. The Director of Coaching also watches games and provides an evaluation back to the coach.
- Training sessions from our Director of Coaching or another licensed youth soccer trainer.